Book Tickets Online
Those who enjoy the wet side of life can have fun in Tropicana, Newcastle's outdoor heated leisure pool. To ensure that the toddlers are not forgotten, they have their own paddling pools with the Nellie the Elephant slide. Remember you must book and pay for your outdoor swimming session in Tropicana in advance. You can see all available session times and make your booking on the NMD Be Active app under the ‘Book Swimming’ tile. For more information on downloading the NMD Be Active app go to: https://www.newrymournedown.org/be-active-app.
Tropicana Outdoor Swimming Complex
Seasonal Opening times (July and August Only)
Monday 12pm – 5.30pm
Tuesday 12pm - 8pm
Wednesday 12pm – 5.30pm
Thursday 12pm - 8pm
Friday 12pm – 5.30pm
Saturday 10am – 5.30pm
Sunday 2pm – 5.30pm
Tropicanarama (Fun Sessions) - Every Tuesday & Thursday 6pm – 8pm
How to book your swimming sessions in Tropicana
Booking is easy click here
These are the instructions you need to follow
- Select ‘Tropicana or Tropicanarama Swim Session’
- Select ‘Newcastle Centre’ as your Club
- Select the ‘Session date’ as the day you would like to go swimming.
- Hit the blue ‘Search’ button to see all available swim sessions
- Select the swim session that suits you best
- You will then have an option to buy adult, child, family or tickets for under 4s. Simply type the number of ‘non-member’ swimming tickets you would like to purchase.
- View and accept the attendance rules.
- Enter your phone number and tick the admission policy box until it says ‘Yes’
- Add your tickets to the shopping basket
- Hit ‘Continue’
- Enter your email address twice and tick the box to accept the terms and conditions to confirm you have read the terms and conditions within the blue box.
- Hit continue again and enter your first name, surname, email, phone number, address, postcode, county and country.
- Hit the ‘Pay now’ button.
- Enter your card number to buy your swim tickets and then hit submit.
- You will receive an automated email to confirm your booking.
You can also book a swim session on the NMD Be Active app by hitting the ‘Book general swimming tile’ on main page and then ‘click to agree and book’ to show you have read the ‘Book Swimming Declaration.’ The ticket booking process is the same and you can follow all the steps above.
Download the NMD Be Active app for free from the App store or the Google play store on the following links:
Just so you know:
All children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a responsible adult (at least 16 years old) at all times.
An adult (aged 16 or over) may accompany:-
- 1 child under the age of 4.
- 2 children where at least one of the children is aged over 4 years.
In addition to the above, non-swimmers (children) must wear a secure flotation device such as fitted armbands or a buoyancy aid.
Any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be refused admission.
Children & Infants
- Children's outdoor play area
- Facilities for children
- Suitable for Children
- Family Fun
- Groups catered for
- Lessons/courses available
- Prior Booking Required
- All major credit/debit cards accepted
Booking your Activities & Prices
You must now book your swim sessions in advance. To book your swim sessions, simply click here and select ‘Tropicana Swim Session’ and ‘Newcastle Centre’ as your ‘Club’ to see available slots.
You can also book your swim sessions on our NMD Be Active app on the ‘Book Swimming’ tile. For more information see www.newrymournedown.org/be-active-app.
Pay As You Go Day Rate 16+
Pay As You Go Concession Day Rate
Pay As You Go Day Rate Under 4
Pay As You Go Day Rate Group Ticket (2 adults & 2 Children)